Friday, April 1, 2011

21 Weeks and a Kick for Daddy

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40



Great things that happened this week:


1. I felt movement everyday, and it's obvious that it is the baby! 
2. We've decided on baby furniture, but still have to go back to order. 
3. John felt the baby kick from the outside! It was one of the best moments of my life. 
4. I took 5 naps for a grand total of 12 hours of afternoon sleeping. 



The Weekly Survey! 
How Far Along: 21w3d
 
Sex: boy
 
Size of baby: According to the thebump.com, the average size for 2
1 weeks is 10.5 inches and 12.7 oz. Roughly the size of a banana. He's grown a lot! When I first found out I was pregnant, he was the size of a poppy seed!

Other things baby is up to: 
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + about 4-5 lbs total so far. 
 
Movement: I have felt him every day this week! His busiest times are after lunch and in the evening. It's the most amazing feeling. Last night during a particularly active stretch of time, I told John to put his hand near my belly button. The baby kicked his hand with the strongest kick yet! We were both amazed and so excited to meet our son.

Sleep: I'm thinking of changing my middle name to "Sleep" and my address to "The Couch".

Symptoms: Lower back pain at night. Weird dreams.
 
Cravings:  Fresh pineapple & sweets.

Maternity Clothes: Mostly wearing all maternity. My regular pants don't fit (except sweats and stretchy ones) and some of my regular shirts still look alright.

Belly Button: Still an innie, but it's shrinking and getting smaller.
 
Milestones: Feeling movement of the outside for the first time!

Looking forward to: Everything. I cannot wait to meet my son.

Next appointment: 4/27

Times I used the doppler in the last week: Once.

Other: We had our Dr. appointment this week. Rambo's heartbeat was about 145 and he looked so cute on the ultrasound (no pics :( ). His fists were near his ears and his knees were pulled up to his tummy, so he was in the fetal position. Guess that's why they call it that, huh? Everything looks great and the pregnancy is right on target. Next month, I have to take the Glucose Tolerance Test. Bleh. Wish me luck. 

Weekly bump pic: This one was taken on Tuesday before work. No, my hands don't really look like that. I swear. I'm standing in the baby's still unfinished nursery. 




No comments:

Post a Comment